About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA, United States
Bringing fitness to you. LC has been in the fitness industry for over 10 years as a certified personal trainer and group exercise instructor and loves seeing people reach their fitness goals. Available to answer fitness questions online anytime.

11.07.2009

Articles Online... To believe or not to believe..

..That is the question. Do you have the answer?

Anytime you see an article, blog, post on FB, or tweet about something you are not an expert in, please take it with a grain of salt. Ask a friend or acquaintance who knows more about the subject, or do some research of your own. It’s amazing how much conflicting information there is out there on the internet. It’s great that we have access to so much stuff right at our fingertips but we should keep in mind where it comes from. I have posted several articles on Twitter / Facebook, etc… and though it’s stuff I find is great information, I should probably dig a bit deeper before I post it. I read it, I get something out of it, I like it, I post it. Did I truly research every one of them? No. However, did I utilize my knowledge of fitness and exercise to mull through the article before I posted the link? Yes, I sure did. I would not post something that I didn’t believe to be credible information. That being said, it could happen to anyone.

Recently I attended a lecture by Dr. Wayne Wescott who shared with the crowd that (at one point in his career) he published information from a reliable source, which he believed to be true, and found later was not. It’s easy to make such a mistake. What I’m truly getting at is if you have questions about something ask! If you run across an article on fitness and that’s not your strong point, hit me up and I’ll see what I can do to get you the answer. If you have questions about an article on other subjects, think of all your friends, Twitter followees, and Facebook contacts who might have more knowledge in that area, ask ‘em about it!

We’re on these sites to connect, right? I’m happy to help at any time and I’ve hit people up several times with questions about subjects I have an interest in but don’t know much about. I’ll wrap this up, but please ponder the idea, and keep in touch with friends online by asking! I love to receive questions in my field of expertise, I’m guessin’ they do to!!


sloLCfitness.com

No comments: