About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA, United States
Bringing fitness to you. LC has been in the fitness industry for over 10 years as a certified personal trainer and group exercise instructor and loves seeing people reach their fitness goals. Available to answer fitness questions online anytime.

1.14.2010

My Weight Loss Story...


since i posted my before and after pics the other day, people have been asking how i did it, how i lost 50 pounds and have kept it off. Slowly, that's how. For me, i needed to make a lifestyle change, i ate too many calories and too much junk to the tune of 4700 calories on average per day and about 1/2 of that being empty calories.

I made up a rule to follow every other week such as "no white at night" "no lattes" "no chocolate" etc... and made a point of bringing healthier foods into the house. Don't get me wrong, i still eat junk, just in moderation. I love chocolate, candy, cake, cookies, chips all that's bad for me and tastes yummy.. oh, and ice cream. I try not to have it on hand on a regular basis, but when i do i work on limiting the amount of sugary and salty snacks i consume.

I'm certainly far from perfect, and still learning, but making a conscious effort to make a lifestyle change rather than "diet" was the key to my weight loss. I plan to post once a week on this blog more little bits and pieces of my weight loss journey in hopes that it will help others lose weight and keep it off as well.

Best of luck in your journey! You can find fit tips, menu ideas, and exercise ideas on LC Fitness Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Luis-Obispo-CA/LC-Fitness/72043499171?ref=ts. please feel free to take a gander at it and participate in posting on the wall!
sloLCfitness.com

1 comment:

dianneconner said...

Way to go!!! You have always looked amazing and your dedication to fitness is ferocious...