About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA, United States
Bringing fitness to you. LC has been in the fitness industry for over 10 years as a certified personal trainer and group exercise instructor and loves seeing people reach their fitness goals. Available to answer fitness questions online anytime.

2.26.2010

Not Bad Abs...


My abs are not bad. I'm not perfect, i don't always eat healthy, i'm not overweight, and i'm not underweight.

Americans, particularly women, seem to be obsessed with Abs. I constantly get questions about how to get flatter abs.
To achieve not bad abs....
1) exercise regularly (cardio, strength training, balance, and flexibility)
2) eat properly (you can cheat, just eat properly overall)
3) get plenty of sleep
4) don't obsess over crunches and core exercises

Sure, i'll never wind up on the cover of a magazine (unless they airbrush my photo), but my abs certainly aren't bad.

Want to know my secret? i just told you!

One more thing...think about your posture throughout the day and how you can tighten up your low back muscles and abdominal muscles to sit or stand tall. Keeping the muscles engaged will help to tone and strengthen 'em and get/keep your core strong for the support your body needs in everything you do.



sloLCfitness.com

No comments: