About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA, United States
Bringing fitness to you. LC has been in the fitness industry for over 10 years as a certified personal trainer and group exercise instructor and loves seeing people reach their fitness goals. Available to answer fitness questions online anytime.

9.11.2009

How do I Get Started?

If you want to run, but you've never done it, you begin with walking, right? Same idea goes for beginning a fitness regime. Start slow and build on it. If 10 minutes a day three days a week is all you have, schedule it and do a program that works for you. Once you find you can put more time into it or feel more comfortable with continuing for longer periods of time, do so... Take it easy and enjoy... you'll be glad you did!
sloLCfitness.com

1 comment:

Linda B. said...

This is exactly how I started my walking routine. At first it was just taking the dog around the block. Then I added to/from the train every day- 1.25 miles each way, 5 days a week. Right now I am averaging almost 50 miles per week, and hopefully will keep stepping in up. Only so many hours in the day, though. The doggie is my best motivator, now. She loves our long walks. Last week it was to Wheaton and back (a little over 12 miles).

Great advice, though, Linda. Starting small is better than not starting at all!